Friday, June 09, 2006

Our First Injury

I realize that I have been a bit remiss in updating my blog, so the next few entries will be a bit of a catch up. The boys have been growing by leaps and bounds over the month and a half since my last entry. Sam has been standing while holding on to something since April and Eli has recently joined him. They look like they are about ready to pull themselves up any day now. Eli has been getting a few bumps lately that I suspect come from the attempt.


Speaking of bumps, Eli had his first 'injury' at the end of April. He was sitting on the floor a few feet away from me and took a tumble forward, hitting what I thought was his forehead on the floor. It didn't look bad, but it looked like it hurt. I picked him up to comfort him, but he just kept on crying. As I pulled him away from my shoulder to see what was up, I saw blood all down my shirt and on his face, and felt a rush of panic. It turns out that he just fell on his face and his front teeth cut the inside of his upper lip. He had a little fat lip, but he was a very good patient and let me put some ice on it.




Here he is with his little fat lip...poor guy! But he rebounded quickly and was back to playing in no time. I had better prepare myself for the bumps to come when they actually start walking!

No comments: